Congratulations, you’ve been asked to be a groomsman. It’s a big honor - enjoy it! While every wedding is different, here are some of the most common groomsmen duties.
• Offer to help the best man plan the bachelor party.
• Attend any engagement parties or couple’s showers thrown for the engaged couple.
• Get fitted for and pick up your tux or suit one or two days before the wedding day.
• Attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner to receive detailed instructions about your duties for the following day.
• Receive instructions for photos that will be taken at the wedding. More importantly, the ones that you will be in.
• Meet your fellow members of the wedding party if you haven’t already.
THE WEDDING DAY
• If all of the groomsmen are getting dressed at a central location, make sure to arrive there on time.
• Smile for all of the photos.
• Make sure that the groom is relaxed and has had something to eat.
• If ushers aren’t being used, escort wedding guests to their seats as they arrive.
• Either escort a bridesmaid down the aisle or walk out with the groom (depending on which method the couple has chosen).
• Be introduced at the reception – and soak up the limelight!
• Dance with your bridesmaid partner if a wedding party dance is on tap.
• Help carry gifts to the car afterward.
• Help the bride’s family clean up after the reception is over.