Seeing your son get married is one of the proudest moments in a parent’s life. It’s quite an accomplishment to raise a child from a young boy to a grown man who’s now ready to take his wedding vows
. When it comes to the wedding day
, details can become overwhelming. But rest assured – you’ve come to the right place. Here’s a quick reminder of the most typical responsibilities of the father of the groom
• Review the financial responsibilities of the groom
and your family. If you’ll be financially assisting the groom, you will need to familiarize yourself with this list.)
• Plan the rehearsal dinner
• Share any tips or advice you learned through your marriage with your son.PRE-WEDDING & REHEARSAL
• Attend the bachelor party
(or at least the parts that are suitable for the fathers).
• Get fitted for your wedding attire
(usually a tuxedo or suit).
• Attend any engagement parties
or appropriate couples showers
• Pick up your wedding attire one or two days before the wedding.
THE REHEARSAL & REHEARSAL DINNER
• Attend the wedding rehearsal to receive detailed instructions about your duties for the following day.
• Receive instructions for photos you’ll be in that will be taken on the wedding day.
• Offer a prayer or welcoming comment to all of the guests at the rehearsal dinner
THE WEDDING DAY
• Share some time with your son on the wedding morning.
• If the wedding party is getting dressed at a central location, make sure to arrive there on time.
• Enjoy the ceremony! (And try not to shed too many tears.)
• Share a dance with your new daughter-in-law at the wedding reception
Enjoy the day! Congratulations!