Sure, hitting the bars, strip clubs
or casinos for your bachelor party are a great time — even with the accompanying next-day headache. However, If you want the ultimate bachelor party that’s outside the norm (and that you might even remember the next day), an adventure bachelor party might be just what you’re looking for. Because, hey, who hasn’t always wanted to free climb the Mayan Ruins?
Adventure or “extreme” bachelor parties have been gaining popularity as grooms and best men try to plan non-traditional stag parties that can provide memories that will last a lifetime. These types of outings can either take place in your hometown or on a planned weekend bachelor party trip. If you have friends who aren’t big drinkers it’s always nice to plan a bachelor party that includes activities they can get excited about, too.
If you’re interested in an adventure bachelor party, be sure to let your best man know right away because planning one may take some time. It’s also worth noting that everyone on your bachelor party guest list may not have the time or budget to attend an expensive party.
Here are some destinations and ideas to consider for an adventure bachelor party.Extreme sports
– Skydiving and bungee jumping are options if you want to push the limits of sanity. If you want to try something a little less heart attack-inducing, there’s always paintball. Golf Trip
– Always wanted to take a weekend golf trip? This could be the ideal time to make that wish a reality. Your bachelor party is a once-in-a-lifetime event, so why not play a once-in-a-lifetime golf course? Some top public golf courses courses
you can plan a trip to are: Pebble Beach (CA), Pinehurst (NC), Shadow Creek (NV), TPC Sawgrass (FL) or the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail (Southeast US). Of course, you can always plan a 36-hole affair in your hometown as well. Water Sports
– A weekend at the lake can provide adventure and still give you some time to kick back and get your drink on. Popular water sports are waterskiing, wakeboarding and tubing. Just make sure the driver of the boat is sober and can make you do this
– Deep sea fishing is one of the most incredible experiences a guy will ever experience. If you’ve never been and you live moderately close to the ocean, definitely consider this trip as part of your bachelor party. (*TheManRegistry.com is not responsible for any shark attacks incurred on deep sea fishing trips – stay safe!)Mountain climbing
- Unless you’re a professional or do this kind of thing on a regular basis, what we’d recommend is more of a hike. If Mt. Everest isn’t in your price range, there’s some great mountain climbing right here in the states. Consider California, Colorado, Tennessee, North Carolina or up-state New York.Motor Sports
– NASCAR Experience Weekend, 4-wheeling, dune buggying, go-karting…you get the picture. Ski Trip
– If you’re wedding is in the winter, a ski trip can be a great time. If Aspen isn’t in your budget, don’t worry. Most large cities in the U.S. have a local skiing destination complete with fake snow and beginner’s classes. They may even offer special group packages for your bachelor party. TMR Recommendation:
We know that getaway man weekends aren’t always easy on the pocketbook. If you’re staying in your hometown, we recommend planning an activity during the day and then hitting the bars at night.